Thursday, April 24, 2008

the reflection on the mirror

my magical mirror


I accidentally glanced the mirror hanging at the end of the corridor as i was preparing my dinner today and i thought i saw someone else.

This is not one of those ghost stories you heard but its true, i had living been alone in my apartment for almost five years now though occasionally Aling Tuning come in to help me with my laundry, and this is the first time the mirror reflected someone else.

The mirror was one of my families oldest collection of antiques, and had been in my room back in the province since i was a child, the mirror practically saw me grow into a man, and saw me in my good and bad times.

My mother sent the mirror when i finally decided to settle down in this apartment, and for almost five years now it had been hanging there untouched and unused only on several occasions when i took a second look on my physical appearance before i go to the office.

I was a little bit shaken and confused when this happened, i don't know if this is just a fragment of my imagination, simply my eyes working its tricks on me or my mind showing my desire to be the best i was before, or i have a magical mirror. (now thats a real nonsense i guess)

I am still trying to recover from a phase of my life that made me to what i am today, but i desire to be who I was and i believe my mind and my eyes are teaming up to focus on that goal.

The image i saw was young, smiling, full of hope and happiness. That image was me, six years ago.

I had been dreaming to be the man i was before, and had been trying to heal myself from the devastating event that ruined the foundation i build i thought was strong, and now as i grow older this desire is growing more and more stronger and i hope this event will help me focus and start truly living and not just merely existing.

I want to thank the mirror for giving me hope and for reminding me of the man i was before and my mind and eyes for teaming up in showing the real me.

Few more days and probably the foundations of my life will be soon rebuild and tower amongst those that started living.

2 comments:

footiam said...

Me think there's no ghost at all; just a desire to see your old self. Would love to see that part of you six years ago and think your present self is not so bad either - guess it's more important for you to be able to accept yourself and the way things are though. If you are not happy with yourself, I doubt other people will be too. Meanwhile, I am glad to see a thank you note from you. You are beginning to talk! Way to go, Terrence!

Sendo said...

sounds scary...kaibiganin mo na lang hehe..baka imahinasyon mo lang un