Wednesday, April 23, 2008

On Saying "thank You"

I was never a good speaker, I have many things in mind but i am just afraid to open up, i don't know how or why but every time i open my mouth to speak the words just flew away and i am left speechless, some of my friends always urge me to be heard but then i stumble with my words and i am always left with a heavy heart for not able to express myself.

I can easily open up when writing, and my journal is full of ideas that i know are relevant but just don't have the nerve to speak up and share them and i am very disappointed with it .

I am to my friends mister shy guy, and to those who do not know me "MR. SUPLADO" and i am not very happy about it.

I am thinking maybe the real reason why i opened this account is for me to be heard, the need to communicate that i am not capable in doing through speech and trying to do it in a different method, through writing.

A simple thank you sometimes could not even pass through my lips as if a lump is always blocking my throat and i resort to nodding and with a little shy smile to show my sincerest appreciation.

I know i can always smile and nod as a sign of appreciation to my friends, but those who do not know me tend to think i am one of those uncivilized mammals that do not know how to say thank you!

And i am very sorry about it, i call for your understanding until i find a way to overcome this unpleasant behavior!

2 comments:

footiam said...

I think you communicate well through your blog. Maybe it's the first step towards being able to communicate well with others around you. You do communicate well through writing; perhaps, from here, you'll go verbal. Perhaps, there is this fear in you that you won't be accepted for your views. That's a bit too bad. You are entitled to have your own views. Sometimes though, it could be the one around you who is the problem. Maybe, they are the one who can't communicate. Are you sure you are the one at fault here? I think you can stand tall if only you allow yourself. I think you can manage more than a nod and a smile. Even then, sometimes a nod and a smile suffice. Especially if you are comfortable with it.

terrence said...

thank you for always leaving a thought for me to ponder...