Tuesday, April 22, 2008

am i a blogger?

i am a blogger, i know that for a fact, i love to share my ideas and thoughts of things i do and think, but then, as i was surfing the net today, i learned there are things a blogger should and should not do in order to attract people not just to glance but to read his blog, and i wasn't aware of that, and i think twice, am i really a blogger?

I make post, and make them available to anyone who care to read, but then does someone really care to stop read and give a damn in what i have written?

Well footiam had been religiously coming back and leaving messages for me, then came sendo, and others come and leave simple messages in my chat box, but was that enough?

Then something struck me, why did i joined the bloggers world? is it just to satisfy my need to communicate? or i am her to entertain, to influence, or just post things for other people to look and have a reason to kill time? now i am really confused!

I can consider myself one of those called newbies in the blogging world, just had my first post only a few weeks past, and i remember my reason then was just to express myself, to find someone who would understand the state i am into, and fortunately, someone cared to listen and leave me messages, giving me a chance to take a glimpse of the other side of life, and re evaluate the stand i choose.

As a writer and a blogger , i need a reason to continue what i started, i need a goal and i have to find it fast before the bloggers world drown me into confusion.

2 comments:

footiam said...

When you have a blog like this, of course, you are a blogger. Your original reason to blog may just to share your thoughts which you did pretty well. People may just surf by and do not read; so, what. If they read, so what? If they read and understand, so what?Just blog your heart out, Terrence. In fact, the fact that I came back religiously was to see how you are. I think I can identify with what you are going through and I thought my messages soothes. But I think you are growing out of you old problem. You have been enjoying yourself lately, opening out. That's good. Maybe, now, you just blog about anything that you fancy. Perhaps, I'll get to see another facet of you. Right now, I can see a sensitive person; which I really like. But then, once, you say you do not know how to connect; I guess that shows when you don't response to comments. It's just like you write a letter to someone and no one replies. Well, I don't know if that's good or bad; but just go on blogging about anything; if it's interesting, people will come back; but is that so important? If it's your motive to express to someone who cares to listen, well, you have achieved that to a certain extent.I guess I have been doing that for quite sometime. I am still doing that at the moment. Your Boracay photos are great, by the way. Wish I was there

gillboard said...

I was given this message by a wise blogger some time ago. And I keep this in mind everytime I write in my blog. I've shared this with people I think are having the same questions as you.

"We write to express, not to impress."