Wednesday, April 2, 2008

On opening doors...

I tried to open my door today, it had been a long time since i went out with my friends, except for the other night i went out with them for a taste of the night life i long forgotten, and i enjoyed it.
Today my friends invited me for a lunch out, and to my surprise i did say yes, well maybe to you going out for lunch with friends is just ordinary, for me its not, for so long i closed my doors to everyone, but after yesterday, determined to face life and take chances again, i am starting to open my doors, not too wide to invite everybody but just enough to accommodate one at a time.
My officemates was a little surprised to see me getting out of my shell, they even joke whatever i ate at breakfast i should store lots of it, i couldn't resist smiling for that.
They were all excited that i am finally joining them as a group and they say the good looking but unapproachable guy is finally reaching out, hehehe thats me i guess!
I was nervous, joining the group is another step for me, for my growth and with them i hope the grip of the past would loosen up and allow me to see the brighter side of life.
Most of them said they always wanted to approach me, but because i don't speak a lot they mistook me as "suplado", or unapproachable, I just smiled and say, I'm just the shy type of guy,
they don't know my secret and i don't want them to know.
As we end up the day's work everyone is saying goodbye, hopping to have me around for lunch and coffee breaks and i feel happy about it, and unlike the past days i look forward for tomorrow.
Tonight after cleaning my closet, and letting the fresh air come in to my room, I feel much better, the burden of the past is slowly easing and i thought, life is not miserable after all, start accepting the lesson's of the past and not live in it, and lingering too long to the past is unwise.

1 comments:

footiam said...

That's great news, Terence! Frankly speaking, you don't have to open your door at all if you don't want to. Just do the things that normal people do, have lunch with people, share some jokes etc but that doesn't mean you have to pour out what is inside you to everyone. It will not be worth it if the one you confide it do not appreciate you. But really, if you do not want them to know your secrets, I wonder why you have pour it out here in your blog for all to see. Your family will see it, your friends will see and I, someone living so far away, saw it, bumping into it accidentally and thought , could understand what you went through. I wouldn't be surprised that what I guess is right but in the end, all those things do not matter. You write a new chapter in your life! It doesn't have to be good. It could be better!