Sunday, April 6, 2008

Aling Tuning and her music

I was still in bed and its already nine in the morning, when i heard a soulful music from the kitchen, a tagalog music full of sorrows and misery brought by love, that tells about the frustrations and hurting of the people involve in a love affair.

I got out of bed in no time and went to the kitchen and there sits a radio, playing all those soulful tagalog music and it says 90.7 love radio.

I was a bit surprised to know that there was a radio station playing old tagalog love songs like that, i was a bit inclined to fast and noisy music, but then the pieces the DJ is playing is soft and i find them soothing to the ear in contrast to the music i usually play.

From the laundry area i heard a voice singing with the tune and there was Aling Tuning my trusted cleaning and laundry lady pouring her out as she sing out the song, she had a good voice though but i just cant refrain myself from smiling.

Aling Tuning is a woman already in her fifties, but she still chooses to work to sustain her family needs, She does my laundry and cleans the apartment every sunday, she had been working for me for almost three years now, but i haven't seen and heard her singing until now.

I called her attention and to my surprise she laugh out loud hysterically and said how embarrassed she is that i caught her in the act, i couldn't refrain and i joined her laughing
saying she have a good voice, she wanted to turn off the radio but i said its okey, and so i had the whole sunday morning with a dose of old love songs from singers of the past.

The music is piercing my heart, as if the music is describing the pain i felt, the music is bringing back the love i had and lost, but then i choose to hear more of it, i choose to free myself from the bond of yesterday and if a simple music makes me feel the pain again then i have to hear these music in order for me to remember not only the pain but also the happiness it brought my life.

Today as i make this post Aling Tuning is no longer singing the tune but humming with the song, maybe a bit embarrassed in my presence but her music is healing my heart, the music is bringing back memories of the past but now i don't just remember the pain, i could also remember the joy and happiness, the inspiration it gave me to achieve something, and for a start these is something new.

Thank you Aling Tuning, your music is slowly healing my heart.

1 comments:

footiam said...

It's good to hear you are healing, Terence. Way to go!