Friday, May 9, 2008

My Mask!

I had been wearing different kind of mask for the a long time! Mask that simply cover and disguise the true me, and the mask i choose to use today is "MY SMILE".


I don't really have any idea why there is a need for me to use one, only a strong feeling urges me to use it for cover and for disguise .



I don't know why i am wearing it, and i don't have an idea when will i stop using it, is it because i want to deceive them? or i just want to deceive myself?


Everyday as i go to work, as i pass by people who know, love and hate me sometimes, i carefully choose a mask that would fit me, a mask that would hide the true feelings, and emotions i have within, and i always go out triumphantly deceiving them, but i never succeeded deceiving myself!

I don't know how i do it but every time an occasion calls for it, my mind is always ready to provide a good mask that fits and me help me blend in.

I don't know my real purpose in using my mask, but the need to use it always come in unexpected.

I want to stop using it and throw out my mask for good, but how? I don't have an idea!

How about you, are you also using your mask?

What are your reasons, are they clear?

Help me! Help yourself! Is there really a need for a mask?

4 comments:

footiam said...

Terence, maybe it's the society. The society makes us wear mask. Maybe, it's just ourselves. Maybe, we wear masks so that we are not ridiculed and hurt. If you are wearing masks and you know why, and it does not harm others and not especially yourself, and you are comfortable, then it should be fine. Why not enjoy wearing your masks? Think of it as if you are going to a costume party!

Anonymous said...

"Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it and your enemies won’t believe it". This saying is somewhat related to your post terrence.

I only wear a mask in front of the people I love and I care, not to disguise myself, nor to deceive them but to protect them from me for hurting their feelings. Sometimes in our life we make some decisions and not just ordinary decisions but a life changing decisions, it maybe favorable to us but not to our love ones.

Wear that mask only in certain circumstances because if you will wear that everyday, there will be a time in your life where you will no longer recognize or distinguish the real you.

Janjie said...

Just be yourself, Terrence. The people who truly love you will accept you for whoever you are... You don't need those masks to hide your true self... Just be real...

joelmcvie said...

I think masks are normal, sometimes even necessary. They're just tools. So long as we control the tools and not the other way around, then it's fine. =)